Photo

Grand Exchange!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: grand exchange (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Alora add a fully functioning Grand Exchange?

1. Yes (17 votes [62.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

2. No (10 votes [37.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

Should players be able to buy and sell items using platinum tokens?

1. Yes (24 votes [88.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. No (3 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 03 October 2024 - 08:32 AM #1

Variant
Group Ironman

Variant

• Time spent:
      10d 5h 13m 42s

•  Previous username:
    Not a trader

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  10 bugs found

Tldr; THIS SUGGESTION IS BASICALLY UPDATING TRADING POST TO OFFER BUY OPTIONS AND USE PLATINUM TOKENS AS A FORM OF CURRENCY

What is your suggestion?:

Add a fully functioning grand exchange (trading post), and allow players to buy/sell items that cost more than max cash stack (using platinum tokens)

Is this in OSRS?:

YES

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:

This has been suggested, but not accepted (and it needs to be)

How would this benefit Alora?:

Alora looks so bad to new players when they find out that we don't have a functioning Grand Exchange, when servers have been having this simple function for YEARS now.. It will allow the economy to move so much faster/healthier if players can instantly buy or sell their items, and it would make normie significantly a better game mode. Also if we're able to just throw all of our items in their it will take away the headache of having to constantly yell that you're selling the items.

EDIT: I'm also in support of KEEPING transparency for open buy and sale offers if this were to be added, ALONG with keeping the option to view recent trade histories in the G.E.

EDIT #2: If we were to keep the trading post and just include buy offers I'm also 100% okay with that, since essentially it's the same thing, but might just be easier on the dev side of things.

nBMMnOO.png

O8I9GsB.png

gCZbAar.png

200m completions

Spoiler

Posted 03 October 2024 - 08:42 AM #2

burny 06
Legendary Donator

burny 06

• Time spent:
      22h 47m 20s

•  Total level:

Great idea...

IMO this would help so much, being able to advertise a "BUY" offer on there is a significant improvement.

Playing devils advocate though...

It could see more of the 'wealthier' players being able to buy everything for example:

Less wealthy players wanting to do some small level merching, like buying an item for 4m off someone who needs quick cash, then selling it at a more prime time for 5 or 6m would totally go away given there would more likely than not be a buy offer in the TP for it.

I think it would definitely minimise trading / merching / deals / bundle sales and interaction between players in the eco side of things.

There is absolutely nothing I can suggest being a downside of being able to buy with platinum tokens, this should be in-game without a doubt ! 

Great suggestion Variant !  :D

Posted 03 October 2024 - 08:45 AM #3

Orangepike

Uber Donator

Orangepike
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      11d 1h 31m 23s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

I can see the reasoning for wanting the GE. However, I personally like the transparency of the TP. You know exactly what you're gonna pay, you can see the price history and see how many are available. In some ways, it's more advanced than just a general GE. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:32 AM #4

Variant
Group Ironman

Variant

• Time spent:
      10d 5h 13m 42s

•  Previous username:
    Not a trader

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  10 bugs found

Great idea...

IMO this would help so much, being able to advertise a "BUY" offer on there is a significant improvement.

Playing devils advocate though...

It could see more of the 'wealthier' players being able to buy everything for example:

Less wealthy players wanting to do some small level merching, like buying an item for 4m off someone who needs quick cash, then selling it at a more prime time for 5 or 6m would totally go away given there would more likely than not be a buy offer in the TP for it.

I think it would definitely minimise trading / merching / deals / bundle sales and interaction between players in the eco side of things.

There is absolutely nothing I can suggest being a downside of being able to buy with platinum tokens, this should be in-game without a doubt ! 

Great suggestion Variant !  :D

tbf, the wealthy can already manipulate the market pretty easily. blowpipes are a shining example of that rn looking at the current sale prices vs the recent trading history. All it takes is a few hundred mills to buy out all open offers and start the new pricing at double the last one in hopes someone desperate enough buys it, and slowly players will fight their way back down to normal market values.

FTzSY7s.png

noWYXl6.png

idm personally keeping transparency to see open sale/buy offer pricing plus the last sales histories to avoid this exact scenario that's already ongoing, but also if the wealthy want to buy up items, it will just make pvming more profitable. We've already had a player who was eco attempt to buy up every item he could, and pvmers loved it, but they can never keep that up forever.

I can see the reasoning for wanting the GE. However, I personally like the transparency of the TP. You know exactly what you're gonna pay, you can see the price history and see how many are available. In some ways, it's more advanced than just a general GE. 

I agree 100% we should keep the function to view current buy/sell offers along with recent trade histories

nBMMnOO.png

O8I9GsB.png

gCZbAar.png

200m completions

Spoiler

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:36 AM #5

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      76d 14h 13m 27s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  99 bugs found

Alora needs a trading post for buy offers (rather than just sell offers)

A fully functioning grand exchange is a little too much to ask for, in my opinion.

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

467021453b22f2e55b6161e34fc517a3.png

Topic 89500 - My Problem with Staff

Topic 89503 - My Problem with Staff II

Topic 89512 - My Problem with Staff III

Accomplishments

b238e051c524997fa395f7b94120f707.png

17f0b0f3326931f82ad4b16c654cbca8.png

ed4359218fa2f48adc03ffb7aabeb9ce.png

f0db828700bca6a0f649a8675bd8d2ff.png

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

4053bef497bbaee8b3db94aec03237ed.png

Spoiler

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:38 AM #6

Variant
Group Ironman

Variant

• Time spent:
      10d 5h 13m 42s

•  Previous username:
    Not a trader

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  10 bugs found

Alora needs a trading post for buy offers (rather than just sell offers)

A fully functioning grand exchange is a little too much to ask for, in my opinion.

isnt a fully functioning grand exchange just the trading post + buy offers? we keep the option to view open buy/sell offers and we still get charged a tax.

nBMMnOO.png

O8I9GsB.png

gCZbAar.png

200m completions

Spoiler

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:49 AM #7

Real Alan
Realism

Real Alan
Clan: Realists

• Time spent:
      76d 14h 13m 27s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  99 bugs found

isnt a fully functioning grand exchange just the trading post + buy offers? we keep the option to view open buy/sell offers and we still get charged a tax.

Yes, but it would take a hell of a lot more development time/effort.  Whereas a TP with buy offers would only require duplicating the existing trading post then switching it to work in reverse (list money -> await item | instead of list item -> await money)

Judging from how far behind Omi is on updates, I think asking for a TP with buy offers would be more realistic, which is why I voted no on the poll question.

rCjd36m.gif

779858f92372b65448411ebb99ae2454.gif

Community Awards

186389e1c9f184e3f3b56b038179afd0.png

Spoiler

Content

467021453b22f2e55b6161e34fc517a3.png

Topic 89500 - My Problem with Staff

Topic 89503 - My Problem with Staff II

Topic 89512 - My Problem with Staff III

Accomplishments

b238e051c524997fa395f7b94120f707.png

17f0b0f3326931f82ad4b16c654cbca8.png

ed4359218fa2f48adc03ffb7aabeb9ce.png

f0db828700bca6a0f649a8675bd8d2ff.png

Spoiler

Game Suggestions

Pet Timeline

4053bef497bbaee8b3db94aec03237ed.png

Spoiler

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:51 AM #8

Variant
Group Ironman

Variant

• Time spent:
      10d 5h 13m 42s

•  Previous username:
    Not a trader

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  10 bugs found

Yes, but it would take a hell of a lot more development time/effort.  Whereas a TP with buy offers would only require duplicating the existing trading post then switching it to work in reverse (list money -> await item | instead of list item -> await money)

Judging from how far behind Omi is on updates, I think asking for a TP with buy offers would be more realistic, which is why I voted no on the poll question.

Honestly I would be okay with this if it were easier and added quicker, i dont know the ins and outs of dev for me to say it would be easier, but as long as we essentially get the same thing im all for it.

nBMMnOO.png

O8I9GsB.png

gCZbAar.png

200m completions

Spoiler

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:53 AM #9

Orangepike

Uber Donator

Orangepike

• Time spent:
      11d 1h 31m 23s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

I think buy offers are ideal too. Maybe not an entire GE, but just adding buy offers to TP would be nice.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted 03 October 2024 - 11:57 AM #10

Satan Smash
Elite Ironman

Satan Smash
Clan: Lost And Damned

• Time spent:
      2d 19h 10m 16s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

Im half support. I think we should just keep the tp and allow players to buy items with plat tokens so for example rank tickets can actually be sold on the tp rather then trying to hunt somebody down thats selling one

ALL HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOR SIRKERAVNOSL

Posted 03 October 2024 - 04:45 PM #11

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      94d 17h 19m 44s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  17 bugs found

arent we already able to buy stuff for platinum tokkens? i didnt tried it out myself but seems like it show up when you are trying to buy multiples items for over max cash.

https://gyazo.com/a3...c9e64c89415e9fb

i do support the idea to add items in tp that are more than max cash ( example rank tickets) for platinum tokkens even tho it been suggested a few times already.

the buy option from tp is a not a bad idea to, ( been  suggested  b4)  but i am split between its a good thing for everyday players and its a bad thing for casual players:

examples: a casual player try to buy a bond for 150m (in tp), maybe the next week they are gonna go down to 135m and he will lose money if the player didnt think about removing the offer, and it will just insta buy.

a mercher that hold (same example) alot of bonds, that are currently worth 135m, wait untill there is none in tp and offer raise, just sell a shit tons for 150m from all the buyers waiting since at this moment, they were ''rare'', will just make the prices raise and be op for merchers.

i dont see much good things coming out of this suggestion except making the rich even more richer and abuse the tp offers by controlling the rarity of each items.

we dont have the player base on alora to have an efficient market running day to day for some average prices. prices goes up and down depending on the rarity of a certain item at a certain moment ( or the rarity that mercher creates).

if the item consumer was more accurate and not only buy a ''1 item'' worth 1-2b every month, maybe it would be a good way out to have buy offers to give every average player a decent way to make money.

Posted 03 October 2024 - 05:24 PM #12

Phosani

Group Ironman

Phosani
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      33d 6h 23m 44s

•  Previous username:
    Zuk my GIM

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

Wouldn't mind a ge (or update to the trading post) if it still included visibility of buy/sell offers, just like the trading post does currently. I think the best & easiest course of action would just to add a buy offer option on the current trading post. Support

3PVoOn1.png

59FsmXU.png

p9DgbpR.png

------------------------------

| !!! HYDRATE !!! |

------------------------------

Achievements:

Spoiler

Rarest pictures in existence

Spoiler

jb4siDN.png

(Honorary)

Posted 04 October 2024 - 09:55 PM #13

Theek
Uber Donator

Theek

• Time spent:
      2d 8h 9m 20s

•  Total level:
    Awards

Support - After reading the responses I agree with the simpler idea of just adding buy orders to the TP.  Also allowing for items to be priced in platinum tokens would be amazing.

2SsohRn.gif

Posted 05 October 2024 - 08:15 AM #14

Variant
Group Ironman

Variant

• Time spent:
      10d 5h 13m 42s

•  Previous username:
    Not a trader

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  10 bugs found

arent we already able to buy stuff for platinum tokkens? i didnt tried it out myself but seems like it show up when you are trying to buy multiples items for over max cash.

https://gyazo.com/a3...c9e64c89415e9fb

i do support the idea to add items in tp that are more than max cash ( example rank tickets) for platinum tokkens even tho it been suggested a few times already.

the buy option from tp is a not a bad idea to, ( been  suggested  b4)  but i am split between its a good thing for everyday players and its a bad thing for casual players:

examples: a casual player try to buy a bond for 150m (in tp), maybe the next week they are gonna go down to 135m and he will lose money if the player didnt think about removing the offer, and it will just insta buy.

a mercher that hold (same example) alot of bonds, that are currently worth 135m, wait untill there is none in tp and offer raise, just sell a shit tons for 150m from all the buyers waiting since at this moment, they were ''rare'', will just make the prices raise and be op for merchers.

i dont see much good things coming out of this suggestion except making the rich even more richer and abuse the tp offers by controlling the rarity of each items.

we dont have the player base on alora to have an efficient market running day to day for some average prices. prices goes up and down depending on the rarity of a certain item at a certain moment ( or the rarity that mercher creates).

if the item consumer was more accurate and not only buy a ''1 item'' worth 1-2b every month, maybe it would be a good way out to have buy offers to give every average player a decent way to make money.

just read my reply a few comments up, its already very very easy for the wealthy to market manipulate, and sadly thats going to happen regardless of what we do. the only recourse to this is the trading history and making sure people can be aware of the average price of past trades not jsut future ones

nBMMnOO.png

O8I9GsB.png

gCZbAar.png

200m completions

Spoiler

Posted 05 October 2024 - 08:11 PM #15

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      94d 17h 19m 44s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  17 bugs found

strudelle, on 03 Oct 2024 - 6:45 PM, said: arent we already able to buy stuff for platinum tokkens? i didnt tried it out myself but seems like it show up when you are trying to buy multiples items for over max cash. https://gyazo.com/a3...c9e64c89415e9fb     i do support the idea to add items in tp that are more than max cash ( example rank tickets) for platinum tokkens even tho it been suggested a few times already.   the buy option from tp is a not a bad idea to, ( been  suggested  b4)  but i am split between its a good thing for everyday players and its a bad thing for casual players:     examples: a casual player try to buy a bond for 150m (in tp), maybe the next week they are gonna go down to 135m and he will lose money if the player didnt think about removing the offer, and it will just insta buy.     a mercher that hold (same example) alot of bonds, that are currently worth 135m, wait untill there is none in tp and offer raise, just sell a shit tons for 150m from all the buyers waiting since at this moment, they were ''rare'', will just make the prices raise and be op for merchers.     i dont see much good things coming out of this suggestion except making the rich even more richer and abuse the tp offers by controlling the rarity of each items.   we dont have the player base on alora to have an efficient market running day to day for some average prices. prices goes up and down depending on the rarity of a certain item at a certain moment ( or the rarity that mercher creates).   if the item consumer was more accurate and not only buy a ''1 item'' worth 1-2b every month, maybe it would be a good way out to have buy offers to give every average player a decent way to make money. just read my reply a few comments up, its already very very easy for the wealthy to market manipulate, and sadly thats going to happen regardless of what we do. the only recourse to this is the trading history and making sure people can be aware of the average price of past trades not jsut future ones

but do you slightly understand how bad it would be for casual players? you are right for the wealthy player part but we have to think about the overall player base

Posted 07 October 2024 - 06:02 AM #16

Variant
Group Ironman

Variant

• Time spent:
      10d 5h 13m 42s

•  Previous username:
    Not a trader

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  10 bugs found

but do you slightly understand how bad it would be for casual players? you are right for the wealthy player part but we have to think about the overall player base

in an ideal market, the price wouldnt fluxuate that much daily, but that's already a thing on osrs. when an update enters the game its normal for items to fluxuate in price, if theyre casually playing sure they may not get the best deals even on the main game, dont think we should avoid bringing this massive plus to the game just because a few casuals might buy/sell items at the price theyre asking for. even now if a casual seller sells an item at 50m and it jumps to 100m, for whatever reason, they just lost out in potentialy sellng it at 100m

nBMMnOO.png

O8I9GsB.png

gCZbAar.png

200m completions

Spoiler

Posted 08 October 2024 - 02:37 PM #17

Blisziful
Classic

Blisziful

• Time spent:
      3d 18m 7s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  5 bugs found

I think adding the Grand Exchange would be great for Alora. The trading post is outdated in my opinion and more players would be familiar with Grand Exchange and it's interfaces. It would alleviate the need for players to constantly advertise their items, making the process of buying/selling more convenient and less time-consuming.

I support this. 

classic_large.pngBlisziful | realism.pngeal Bliszful | gim.pngGIM Bliszful | ironman.pngFe Blisziful

hcim.png Coming Soon! |  uim.png Coming Soon! |  eim.png Coming Soon!

VF70eeT.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 61 user(s)