Ultimate Ironman

A UIM

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 36m 27s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

What is your suggestion?:
When a player disconnects inside a raid, have it save their location and if logged back in within 60 minutes, load them back into the raid as they were.
If part way through, have it place them back in the staging room to enable quick leaving via the stairs if wanting to quit rather than continue.

Is this in OSRS?:
No

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:
Not that im aware

How would this benefit Alora?:
Disconnecting isnt nearly as big an issue in osrs as it is here, which makes sense why its not a feature there, but given the frequence of disconnects across the alora playerbase i think it would be a great addition. Theres nothing worse than getting to a raid boss (which is where I seem to DC the most for some reason) only to disconnect and loose the last 30 mins of progress, let alone any boosters used.
I know this is a feature other servers have so it would be great to see it here as well.

Posted 14 September 2024 - 01:09 AM #2

Fe Santa
Hardcore Ironman

Fe Santa

• Time spent:
      5d 10h 50m 56s

•  Total level:

•  1 bugs found

Jagex have repeatedly said this is not possible for them to do, that is why this isn't a thing in the original game. This suggestion isn't as simple as it sounds, unfortunately.

Posted 14 September 2024 - 02:01 AM #3

HoldinAP
Realism

HoldinAP
Clan: Looking for none toxic one.

• Time spent:
      19d 19h 28m 44s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  27 bugs found

No Support.

People do disconnect out of everything on Alora not only in raids but in other places too, if you do logout in Raids are a kind of save zone to disconnect.

Road To End Game

• Spoiler

Collection Log

Spoiler

Awards

Spoiler

Posted 14 September 2024 - 02:47 AM #4

Ruwk

Server Moderator

Ruwk

• Time spent:
      42d 20h 21m 5s

•  Previous username:

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  24 bugs found

I'd support this being added for all raids. Disconnections are no fun, you should be able to join back with the same punt of points and in the last room you were in before disconnecting.

| EIM "Lydo" | UIM "um im uim" | HCIM "Anticipation" | Classic "REWK" | Realism "uwk" | Main "Ruwk" |

Posted 14 September 2024 - 03:25 AM #5

A UIM
Ultimate Ironman

A UIM

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 36m 27s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

Jagex have repeatedly said this is not possible for them to do, that is why this isn't a thing in the original game. This suggestion isn't as simple as it sounds, unfortunately.

I realise its a lot of work to make the save states, however multiple other smaller RSPS have this avaliable.

No Support.

People do disconnect out of everything on Alora not only in raids but in other places too, if you do logout in Raids are a kind of save zone to disconnect.

True, but if you disconnect more or less anywhere else its not really an issue, if you dc in a raid you've lost the last 30 + minutes. 

Posted 14 September 2024 - 03:39 AM #6

Fe Santa
Hardcore Ironman

Fe Santa

• Time spent:
      5d 10h 50m 56s

•  Total level:

•  1 bugs found

I realise its a lot of work to make the save states, however multiple other smaller RSPS have this avaliable.

Should Omicron prove effective, I fully support its implementation; however, you should still be removed from the raid if you log out or disconnect while participating in a party during the raid. This suggestion should only apply to solo raids.

Posted 14 September 2024 - 04:52 AM #7

HoldinAP
Realism

HoldinAP
Clan: Looking for none toxic one.

• Time spent:
      19d 19h 28m 44s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  27 bugs found

True, but if you disconnect more or less anywhere else its not really an issue, if you dc in a raid you've lost the last 30 + minutes. 

What do you call dc, what could be for players is their internet/server + could be the Alora server / or so small issues after or before the update for example so on what dc do u want to update + solo players could log out to start new raids so how then they leave the previous raids and start a new one when they get back in previous raid after login'?

Road To End Game

• Spoiler

Collection Log

Spoiler

Awards

Spoiler

Posted 14 September 2024 - 06:16 AM #8

Server Moderator

Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      63d 10h 7m 42s

•  Previous username:
    Annoky

•  Total level:
    Awards

HoldinAP, on 14 Sept 2024 - 05:52 AM, said:

What do you call dc, what could be for players is their internet/server + could be the Alora server / or so small issues after or before the update for example so on what dc do u want to update + solo players could log out to start new raids so how then they leave the previous raids and start a new one when they get back in previous raid after login'?

I think that logging out should put you at the start of the raid (staging room). Just like if the player died in the raid, they spawn at the staging room and have to run all the way back. If the player wants to start a new raid, they can just leave and reenter the raid. 

Community Award

Spoiler

Posted 14 September 2024 - 03:17 PM #9

Radagon
Veteran

Radagon

• Time spent:
      60d 8h 32m 22s

•  Previous username:
    Tbow Loc

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

Agree with 18

ZYOkvtS.png

oaOsGZv.png

iLvGMfW.png

Tmtn0p5.png

Posted 14 September 2024 - 08:21 PM #10

A UIM
Ultimate Ironman

A UIM

• Time spent:
      4d 10h 36m 27s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

I think that logging out should put you at the start of the raid (staging room). Just like if the player died in the raid, they spawn at the staging room and have to run all the way back. If the player wants to start a new raid, they can just leave and reenter the raid. 

Now that you've said that, I beleve thats how it actually works in other servers so totally agree, gives the option to quickly leave if you want to quit.

Posted 02 October 2024 - 12:31 PM #11

Blisziful
Classic

Blisziful
Clan: ICE

• Time spent:
      3d 18m 7s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  5 bugs found

No Support. This is not something that happens in OSRS, and if it was the case for one circumstance, it should be for any circumstance. I feel that it would create a sense of unfairness in the community. Best of luck!  

classic_large.pngBlisziful | realism.pngeal Bliszful | gim.pngGIM Bliszful | ironman.pngFe Blisziful

hcim.png Coming Soon! |  uim.png Coming Soon! |  eim.png Coming Soon!

VF70eeT.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 27 user(s)