Photo

Add the ability for Admins / Managers to schedule server events for non peak times

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Posted 12 July 2024 - 06:46 PM #1

A UIM

Ultimate Ironman

A UIM

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 32m 50s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

What is your suggestion?:
I would like to see the Admins / Event managers to be able to schedule when a server boost starts, as I believe this is currently not an option?
This would be the first step in working towards being able to schedule server events at different times, so other time zones dont miss out on the vast majority of the better boosts. Its unfair to ask the staff to log in at stupid hours to start an event.

Is this in OSRS?:

No

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:
Not that im aware of, at least in terms to allowing it to be used to schedule events for other timezones

How would this benefit Alora?:

Using myself as an example, I'm east cost Aus and the current 4pm/7pm server time for cox, toa, tob etc boosts is 2am/5am.

I realise the majority of the server is probably pretty close to the server time so its not the end of the world for them to schedule around hitting these events, but that minority of us who are not simply miss out. 
If this change could be implemented, it would allow staff to schedule when an event starts / ends and then maybe once a month have the server event times swapped 12hours before / after the current times, so other time zones can be more involved.
We already suffer from ping, dont make us miss events too  :(

(Or make me an admin for 3hours a month and I'll run events :P)

Posted 12 July 2024 - 06:58 PM #2

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      93d 4h 2m 49s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  16 bugs found

are you talking about weekend events or weekdays events? because i do beleive they did already made some change for weekdays events to be split to make them more acessible to more timezones.

i can understand its unfair for urself been in different timezones, maybe they could do the same for weekends events?

i personally try to fit in this timezone even if its not mine whenever i can join the events ^^

Posted 12 July 2024 - 07:03 PM #3

A UIM

Ultimate Ironman

A UIM

• Time spent:
      3d 5h 32m 50s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

@strudelle 

I think the bigger priority would be the weekend events. The raid boosts, or masses. 
Obviously would be great to have a run at everything but, IMO, these are the biggest loss if missed out on.

If it cant change thats fair enough, I'm sure not above waking up at 2am for an event, just dont wake the wife  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Posted 12 July 2024 - 07:12 PM #4

Ruwk
Server Moderator

Ruwk

• Time spent:
      39d 16h 13m 47s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  24 bugs found
Should be for both weekend and weekday events tbh. Maybe 2 hours of boosts scheduled in advance for 4am server time and then 2 hours of boosts scheduled at 4pm. This could be a better option instead of just 3 hours of boost around the current time they turn it on (between 4-6pm). Then the hosted events could just happen after the scheduled boosts conclude around 7pm server time (or whenever admins are available afterwards).

It has been pretty unfair for people in oceanic timezones being the middle of the night during these events - and even for people in North/South America, it's a bit too early in the morning for some of us.

I support this!

| EIM "Lydo" | UIM "um im uim" | HCIM "Anticipation" | Classic "REWK" | Realism "uwk" | Main "Ruwk" |

Posted 12 July 2024 - 10:17 PM #5

Elite Ironman

• Time spent:
      1d 3h 26m 53s

•  Previous username:
    War

•  Total level:
    Awards

BRING BACK OVERNIGHT EVENT MANAGER!

Posted 13 July 2024 - 11:42 PM #6

Mtam
Ex-Staff

Mtam
Clan: Lunar Isle

• Time spent:
      65d 4h 44m 36s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

when its physically hosted by the admin itself not a ingame server boost. its sad to say theyll most likely just partake in their timezone and not really accommodate for the oce region.

with myself being from sydney, ive never in my time playing been able to partake in a proper hosted event.. its just 'not worth it' in regards to losing sleep/other schedules 

one day we might have the rise of an oce orientated admin which will alleviate this current bottle necking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 38 user(s)