strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      93d 4h 2m 49s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  16 bugs found

What is your suggestion?:give small advantage of free waves for donator ranks like it is already for inferno and jad.

Is this in OSRS?: probably not ( i dont play osrs i play alora )

Has this suggestion been accepted already?:no

How would this benefit Alora?: small qol for all the donators

uber could start wave 2
master could start wave 3
immortal wave 4
eternal wave 5

i think most of the people seems to be struggling with the release of colossuem to get back there monkey, this would maybe help on saving the supplies and it is not something to much op since you still have to complete all of it to access back your monkey cape.

the big question is: how would work the modifiers?

either make it that you have to select the number of modifiers/for the number of waves you did skip

( this would be like a cox scout somehow)

or

we skip the modifier for the waves that we did skip to give a better chances to player to success colossuem

or

make it that master+ have to select between 4 modifier instead of 3 to give a small advantage for the players that pay for a rank.

Posted 05 July 2024 - 07:48 PM #2

Phosani
Group Ironman

Phosani
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      24d 3m 24s

•  Previous username:
    Zuk my GIM

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found

Support. Always nice to have more benefits as donor. Plus it's consistent with inferno/jad. Idk how to really go about the modifiers tho. Personally I say let us skip em lol, but I know most people will say that could be OP, which I guess I can agree with.

3PVoOn1.png

59FsmXU.png

p9DgbpR.png

------------------------------

| !!! HYDRATE !!! |

------------------------------

Achievements:

Spoiler

Rarest pictures in existence

Spoiler

Posted 05 July 2024 - 10:42 PM #3

Yautja
Elite Ironman

Yautja

• Time spent:
      25d 2h 41m 9s

•  Previous username:
    Bob Lazar

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  2 bugs found

Not sure how I feel about this considering its only 12 waves total but I dont think its necessary for ranks to start higher, I'd say something passive like needing less charges to get the blessed quiver would be better or even getting a buff when handing in your quiver for charges. Neutral on this

Posted 06 July 2024 - 01:07 AM #4

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      67d 20h 17m 46s

•  Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  8 bugs found

obviously i have a biased opinion on this due to being a eternal donor. but it does fall in line with other wave based minigames... support.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2024 - 08:50 AM #5

Legendary Donator

Clan: #FAFO

• Time spent:
      3d 8h 25m 43s

•  Previous username:
    4tee5

•  Total level:
    Awards
No Support. Colosseum isn't that much of a time sink as inferno or fight caves would be without wave skips. The whole point of Colosseum is being tested. The only time sink involved is learning it. Sorry, but this is pointless. It takes what? 5-10 minutes to even get to wave 6? Depending on gear obviously.

6ztzCra.png

Posted 06 July 2024 - 08:56 AM #6

Italy
Master Donator

Italy
Clan: Paragon

• Time spent:
      3d 3h 45m 15s

•  Previous username:
    Sicily

•  Total level:
    Awards

Unlike Inferno, that has 69 waves and takes on average 45min-1hour to complete, The Colosseum takes around 20 minutes to reach Sol Heredit so I don't think having donators start at later waves benefits that much.
Wave skipping on inferno is a time saving perk that pretty much skips 'filler waves' which makes sense on a RSPS. But wave skipping on a 11 waves minigame where each one of them represent a challenge is just lazy in my opinion.

There were already made significant changes to The Colosseum to make it more accessible and people are still figuring out ways of getting it for free... 

No Support from me

• H and 45 like this

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ma un giorno, una volta lei ci riuscirà.

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2024 - 08:58 AM #7

Julewicki
Hardcore Group Ironman

Julewicki

• Time spent:
      4d 11h 50m 44s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  9 bugs found

Support, but should be a toggle so we can farm early waves for shards.

Posted 06 July 2024 - 09:40 AM #8

VARlANT
Classic

VARlANT

• Time spent:
      18d 1h 51m 2s

•  Previous username:
    Variant

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  16 bugs found

Unlike Inferno, that has 69 waves and takes on average 45min-1hour to complete, The Colosseum takes around 20 minutes to reach Sol Heredit so I don't think having donators start at later waves benefits that much.
Wave skipping on inferno is a time saving perk that pretty much skips 'filler waves' which makes sense on a RSPS. But wave skipping on a 11 waves minigame where each one of them represent a challenge is just lazy in my opinion.
There were already made significant changes to The Colosseum to make it more accessible and people are still figuring out ways of getting it for free... 

No Support from me

No one on alora does 69 waves on inferno regardless of rank, so this argument is mute.

I’d say the first 6 waves are complete filler waves imo, I don’t see any risk to get there other than shit rng on invocations, which I don’t think rng invocations should make or break a run like they do in colosseum and a LOT of OSRS players feel like Jagex fucked up in making it this way to begin with.

Since colosseum has been out for a bit maybe we can wait a little longer before implementing this, but it would fall in line with how we do other mini games and if anything would just be a QoL for Alora supporters, especially when you get into the $5k+ donator rank range, in a world where people feel like immortal and eternal perks are lack luster as is.

I’d support this or having a wider choices in invocations as the donate rank goes up.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.png

5de43a7a6a1f80dd402f6d2a0d6c4879.pngaf23707ae47836d5d96e7170934243fb.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 06 July 2024 - 10:04 AM #9

Mhk
Immortal Donator

Mhk

• Time spent:
      78d 6h 29m 48s

•  Previous username:
    ahk

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  14 bugs found

No support.

I don't think this is needed, especially considering the PB is 16 minutes at the moment.

• 45 likes this
Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2024 - 10:08 AM #10

Mufasa
Event Manager

Mufasa

• Time spent:
      146d 8h 46m 31s

•  Previous username:
    El Mufasa

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  2 bugs found
No support, colosseum should be one of the hardest challenges in the game skipping to wave 5 for example gives you way to many supplies and will make colosseum a freeby, which shouldn't be like that.

On a side note: we could give higher ranks higher splinter drops for example the higher your rank the more splinter rolls you can have, cause 100k splinters is a bit of Endless and pointless grinding ☺️

test1.gif?fjkss=exp=1987470418~hmac=355f

Posted 06 July 2024 - 10:15 AM #11

Legendary Donator

Clan: #FAFO

• Time spent:
      3d 8h 25m 43s

•  Previous username:
    4tee5

•  Total level:
    Awards

No one on alora does 69 waves on inferno regardless of rank, so this argument is mute.

I’d say the first 6 waves are complete filler waves imo, I don’t see any risk to get there other than shit rng on invocations, which I don’t think rng invocations should make or break a run like they do in colosseum and a LOT of OSRS players feel like Jagex fucked up in making it this way to begin with.

Since colosseum has been out for a bit maybe we can wait a little longer before implementing this, but it would fall in line with how we do other mini games and if anything would just be a QoL for Alora supporters, especially when you get into the $5k+ donator rank range, in a world where people feel like immortal and eternal perks are lack luster as is.

I’d support this or having a wider choices in invocations as the donate rank goes up.

Wouldn't say the first 6 waves are filler waves. It took me at least 10-12 attempts to even get past wave 6 when i started learning it. I'm all for an invocation change or splinter increase though.

6ztzCra.png

Posted 06 July 2024 - 10:24 AM #12

Italy
Master Donator

Italy

• Time spent:
      3d 3h 45m 15s

•  Previous username:
    Sicily

•  Total level:
    Awards

Up until Legendary rank you only get to skip 15/20/25 inferno waves so although no one actually does the 69 waves it's still time consuming if you're not high donator rank.
The first 6 waves are absolutely not filler waves unless you're at least somewhat experienced with Colosseum. If you can't do the first half of the Colosseum you can't do the second half neither...
As people have been saying - this is supposed to be a hard challenge. For once we have an activity on Alora that is actually challenging and not 'cheesable' with p2w features like donator rank and you're trying to end that. Yes it's a RSPS but with Alora's increased accuracy, @Omicron's changes on Colosseum and max gear I'd say it's balanced enough. But looking at your Colosseum KC and your donator rank I understand you supporting this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2024 - 10:26 AM #13

H
Administrator

H

• Time spent:
      245d 12h 52m 35s

•  Previous username:
    2OO8

•  Total level:
    Awards

I agree with what @Italy said above. Fight caves/Inferno early waves are pretty much fillers/waste of time so it makes sense to have a donator perk that skips all of that. The Colosseum is only 12 waves.

No support.

uewjOiY.gif

XlQGKk3.png

Spoiler

Posted 06 July 2024 - 03:52 PM #14

VARlANT
Classic

VARlANT

• Time spent:
      18d 1h 51m 2s

•  Previous username:
    Variant

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  16 bugs found

Up until Legendary rank you only get to skip 15/20/25 inferno waves so although no one actually does the 69 waves it's still time consuming if you're not high donator rank.
The first 6 waves are absolutely not filler waves unless you're at least somewhat experienced with Colosseum. If you can't do the first half of the Colosseum you can't do the second half neither...
As people have been saying - this is supposed to be a hard challenge. For once we have an activity on Alora that is actually challenging and not 'cheesable' with p2w features like donator rank and you're trying to end that. Yes it's a RSPS but with Alora's increased accuracy, @Omicron's changes on Colosseum and max gear I'd say it's balanced enough. But looking at your Colosseum KC and your donator rank I understand you supporting this.

I mean I did mention specifically it would be nice for donators in the $5k+ range and you're talking about legendary where it's only $750..

If you think the first 6 waves is what's going to make or break your run, then I'm assuming you can't even clear wave 7, let alone gotten to waves 10/11. I agree it should be a challenge, but no way is starting at wave 6 going to just clear your full run, especially if we still make players take the invocations from the waves they skipped, I personally don't use many supplies until about wave 7 or 8 except for possibly 2-3 super restore sips, if you can't do this then maybe it's more challenging for some than I originally believed, but don't look too hard at my kc though, I haven't ran many attempts at all since the nerfs, and have felt that it shouldn't take long to clear if i give it full attention for more than a couple of days (copium possibly?).

If the players think a higher splinter drop rate is a better move I could get behind that as well.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 06 July 2024 - 04:24 PM #15

Italy
Master Donator

Italy

• Time spent:
      3d 3h 45m 15s

•  Previous username:
    Sicily

•  Total level:
    Awards

I mean I did mention specifically it would be nice for donators in the $5k+ range and you're talking about legendary where it's only $750..

If you think the first 6 waves is what's going to make or break your run, then I'm assuming you can't even clear wave 7, let alone gotten to waves 10/11. I agree it should be a challenge, but no way is starting at wave 6 going to just clear your full run, especially if we still make players take the invocations from the waves they skipped, I personally don't use many supplies until about wave 7 or 8 except for possibly 2-3 super restore sips, if you can't do this then maybe it's more challenging for some than I originally believed, but don't look too hard at my kc though, I haven't ran many attempts at all since the nerfs, and have felt that it shouldn't take long to clear if i give it full attention for more than a couple of days (copium possibly?).

If the players think a higher splinter drop rate is a better move I could get behind that as well.

I've gotten to later waves and to Sol multiple times, I have just not been good enough to finish it and that's why it is fun. It is challenging and it was intentionally designed to be challenging.
Also I did not say that waves 1-6 are make or break, I said that if you can't do those (the ones you wanna skip) then you can't do the 6-11.
Again, all I read on your response is you trying to sound smart about something you really aren't while defending it to get easier... but that's old news :) 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2024 - 05:40 PM #16

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      67d 20h 17m 46s

•  Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  8 bugs found

as others said, starting at wave 6 for example isnt going to give you a big advantage as far as supplies, if you're smart you will likely get there with only sipping 1-2 doses of restore anyways. The first 6 are just filler once you have learned them (the same as inferno early waves). Just because theres a low amount of waves doesnt mean that there is no filler waves. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 06 July 2024 - 11:04 PM #17

strudelle

Veteran

strudelle

• Time spent:
      93d 4h 2m 49s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  16 bugs found

i do understand somes of you want to keep the full waves as a challenge since its only 12 waves, but i think we can all agree that waves 1-6 arent a big deal and most of the people struggle on further waves than on the first ones.

saving the supplies ( if you use 1-2 restore to get there) isnt the main reason to skip the waves, it is mostly about time saving on doing it all over again after a fail.

yes saving the 1-2 restores would probably help on ur 1st succesful run, but overall if you are used or not to colossuem it wont be a game changer.

as said above by @Variant, if u cant run wave 1-6 for example, you wont pass wave 7-8 anyway even if you have a full inventory of supplies.

there is a few way to see this suggestion:

- time saver

- give an other utility to donator rank

- maybe it would also give a chance to not max geared player to give it a try and make it to sol if they struggle on supplies ( but have the rank)

if u attempt colossuem and cant make it to wave 6, starting on waves 6 wont get u to sol. so whats the issue?

you have to remember we choose to play alora because we want it to be a little bit easier than osrs since we are on a rsps.

if you find the game to easy, maybe choose an harder game mode to grind all the items yourself/ lower xp rate to max, if you find it still to easy, go on osrs?

we all have to remember that at the end of the day, we have to enjoy our gaming time even if its only 1h a day and create some reachable goals to most of the players ( not only the minority that disagree)

Posted 07 July 2024 - 09:26 AM #18

VARlANT
Classic

VARlANT

• Time spent:
      18d 1h 51m 2s

•  Previous username:
    Variant

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  16 bugs found

I've gotten to later waves and to Sol multiple times, I have just not been good enough to finish it and that's why it is fun. It is challenging and it was intentionally designed to be challenging.
Also I did not say that waves 1-6 are make or break, I said that if you can't do those (the ones you wanna skip) then you can't do the 6-11.
Again, all I read on your response is you trying to sound smart about something you really aren't while defending it to get easier... but that's old news :) 

Personal attacks on a suggestion conversation is weird and unnecessary, I don't know what your problem with me is but fight about it with yourself.

In regard to the actual suggestion, I don't see an issue in skipping to wave 6 and that's the last I'll say on this thread, please keep your personal attacks and issues to yourself.

u1DQZht.png

XoJ7oDS.png

VRK1wjX.png

Posted 07 July 2024 - 08:22 PM #19

Bigboxbob
Group Ironman

Bigboxbob

• Time spent:
      16d 1h 51m 57s

•  Total level:
    Awards

@Mufasa 

No support, colosseum should be one of the hardest challenges in the game skipping to wave 5 for example gives you way to many supplies and will make colosseum a freeby, which shouldn't be like that.

On a side note: we could give higher ranks higher splinter drops for example the higher your rank the more splinter rolls you can have, cause 100k splinters is a bit of Endless and pointless grinding ☺️

So was inferno , you can't play favourtism just because u decide that one should be it.

Same applies to inferno, very similar challenges in terms of skill when they first came out. In fact i'd say inferno was alot harder than colosseum when it came out.

You can argue  inferno is so much easier but it was not when it came out.

I don't know what donator ranks should give at colosseum but common sense dictates that there should be something.

@Italy 

The thing is  the hard challenge thing caters to a very small % of the player base which most rather not have in the game . As stated million times in the forums, all the content in the game should be to be completed by casual players.  This is not osrs ,  cheeseable p2w features are big part of the game and this thread made is  very ABC of alora and as a challenge there should benefits for ranks such as  there is at inferno.

The players who are looking for hard challenges can do it in osrs ,  that is the case also with inferno.

@strudelle 

i do understand somes of you want to keep the full waves as a challenge since its only 12 waves, but i think we can all agree that waves 1-6 arent a big deal and most of the people struggle on further waves than on the first ones.

saving the supplies ( if you use 1-2 restore to get there) isnt the main reason to skip the waves, it is mostly about time saving on doing it all over again after a fail.

yes saving the 1-2 restores would probably help on ur 1st succesful run, but overall if you are used or not to colossuem it wont be a game changer.

as said above by @Variant, if u cant run wave 1-6 for example, you wont pass wave 7-8 anyway even if you have a full inventory of supplies.

there is a few way to see this suggestion:

- time saver

- give an other utility to donator rank

- maybe it would also give a chance to not max geared player to give it a try and make it to sol if they struggle on supplies ( but have the rank)

if u attempt colossuem and cant make it to wave 6, starting on waves 6 wont get u to sol. so whats the issue?

you have to remember we choose to play alora because we want it to be a little bit easier than osrs since we are on a rsps.

if you find the game to easy, maybe choose an harder game mode to grind all the items yourself/ lower xp rate to max, if you find it still to easy, go on osrs?

we all have to remember that at the end of the day, we have to enjoy our gaming time even if its only 1h a day and create some reachable goals to most of the players ( not only the minority that disagree)

Very well said sir,  that pretty much sums it up for the 95%.

But sadly there are no in game votes on things so server suffers at the end of the day .

Always gotta remember that if we wanted insane rates , hardest content etc we would play osrs and that goes for the majority.

Posted 07 July 2024 - 09:35 PM #20

The Inferno
Group Ironman

The Inferno

• Time spent:
      5d 13h 50m 20s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  9 bugs found

Support.

IMO, after a bit of practice, you are guaranteed to be able to use 0 supplies completing wave 1-4. I don't see the issue of starting on wave 5.

For the sake of completionist cape, skipping waves could only be available once you have at least 1 KC.

Alternatively, 40k donator starts on higher waves? 40k donator when?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 61 user(s)