Photo

Future for alora content (colosseum)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Completionist difficulty (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Should first kc at colosseum be made easier, and future content be semi easy for completionist cape?

1. Yes, first kc to be easier, future kc to be difficult for comp capes. (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. No, it should be left as is and completionist cape should be harder content (9 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 17 June 2024 - 06:36 PM #1

Itachi
Group Ironman

Itachi

• Time spent:
      5d 15h 40m 33s

•  Previous username:
    1tachi

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  12 bugs found
Currently there’s been a lot of mixed reviews of Colosseum being a requirement for Comp Cape, some say it’s good that the Comp Cape is finally a more prestige item, and some wish for it to be semi easy because “it’s a rsps”. My suggestion is more to get a feel for where the community sways more on keeping it as a harder achievement, and possible other future hard requirements, or make it slightly easier and keeping that mindset for future comp cape reqs. I personally don’t care either way as I can see why both players point of view.

Suggestion: Make players first KC at the colosseum be an easier experience, and future kc after be as hard as it currently is. Think of this as quest bosses on osrs, vs that same boss post quest.

How to make it easier:

•a mechanic that can be changed to make the first run easier would be for damage to be calculated when it hits the player (like in aloras inferno) vs when the animation starts (how it currently is)

•giving an extra 1 tick delay before fremmys attack
(If you can think of anything extra feel free to add below)
——————————-

By allowing the first completion to be easier, and any runs after be just as difficult, it would still keep the pet grind and combat achievements just as prestige.

I would like for this to not be implemented (if at all) until all bugs are fixed, as players might find the runs to be easier with those fixes alone. Main bugs that need to be fixed would be spawn location of npcs, off ticking npcs by either attacking them on the edge or center of the pillars (like it is in osrs), and minotaurs attack cycles being consistent.

I personally agree that the comp cape should hold some prestige, since it’s the BIS cape, so a colosseum kill should be hard required, but considering the negative feedback I’d figure we could possibly have a middle ground.

TsdQLlr.png

F56NWzR.png

3mw2VTS.png keskaFz.png

nIULugB.png

Posted 17 June 2024 - 07:38 PM #2

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      11d 10h 39m 36s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

Easy way to tackle this would be to poll it, do the players want 1:1 or easier/tweaked for Alora, I made a suggestion a year or more ago now suggestion polls are used more to bring the players into the fold a bit more in regards to new content.

3f5ed2ed4a3c19c9ac78fbd54ac5ac3c.png

Posted 17 June 2024 - 07:49 PM #3

Itachi
Group Ironman

Itachi

• Time spent:
      5d 15h 40m 33s

•  Previous username:
    1tachi

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  12 bugs found

Easy way to tackle this would be to poll it, do the players want 1:1 or easier/tweaked for Alora, I made a suggestion a year or more ago now suggestion polls are used more to bring the players into the fold a bit more in regards to new content.

Added a poll, a bit busy and on mobile so idk if it’s worded perfectly but they get the idea I hope

TsdQLlr.png

F56NWzR.png

3mw2VTS.png keskaFz.png

nIULugB.png

Posted 17 June 2024 - 07:55 PM #4

RNG Bitch
Uber Donator

RNG Bitch
Clan: Aftermath

• Time spent:
      11d 10h 39m 36s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

Added a poll, a bit busy and on mobile so idk if it’s worded perfectly but they get the idea I hope

I meant more like for the staff/dev team to gauge community feelings in relation to a particular update more stuff should be polled by them, your post was fine my dude :)

3f5ed2ed4a3c19c9ac78fbd54ac5ac3c.png

Posted 18 June 2024 - 01:59 AM #5

Ruwk
Server Moderator

Ruwk

• Time spent:
      39d 16h 13m 47s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  24 bugs found

I'm so on the fence about this. I kind of agree it should be easier considering Inferno is much easier on here than osrs (no healers). But at the same time, I want it to be a challenge and I think comp cape should be incredibly hard to achieve.

| EIM "Lydo" | UIM "um im uim" | HCIM "Anticipation" | Classic "REWK" | Realism "uwk" | Main "Ruwk" |

Posted 18 June 2024 - 04:22 AM #6

Selenagomez
Veteran

Selenagomez
Clan: Paragon #FAFO

• Time spent:
      67d 20h 17m 46s

•  Previous username:
    Run IT BACK

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  8 bugs found

I don't mind either way because eventually more and more people will be able to do colosseum.

The now old requirements for comp cape were and still are a challenge for some players. Mainly completing inferno. Yes its easy on alora with mechanics missing etc but some people still struggle with this. People who struggle with this will in my opinion wont be completing colosseum for a LONG  time. 

The colosseum is still new at the moment and theres likely a lot of us who haven't even attempted it on OSRS so you're going to need to prog it. You're not just going to go in and 1 shot this with no attempts its going to take some time which is fine.

Anyways enough yapping. I think if any change is going to be made to the comp cape requirements regarding colosseum again it should be the following:

Normal comp cape: old reqs + old stats

Comp cape (i): colosseum req + has new stats. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 18 June 2024 - 08:38 AM #7

Ryuu
Veteran

Ryuu
Clan: Ice

• Time spent:
      95d 22h 17m 55s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  5 bugs found

I don't mind either way because eventually more and more people will be able to do colosseum.

The now old requirements for comp cape were and still are a challenge for some players. Mainly completing inferno. Yes its easy on alora with mechanics missing etc but some people still struggle with this. People who struggle with this will in my opinion wont be completing colosseum for a LONG  time. 

The colosseum is still new at the moment and theres likely a lot of us who haven't even attempted it on OSRS so you're going to need to prog it. You're not just going to go in and 1 shot this with no attempts its going to take some time which is fine.

Anyways enough yapping. I think if any change is going to be made to the comp cape requirements regarding colosseum again it should be the following:

Normal comp cape: old reqs + old stats

Comp cape (i): colosseum req + has new stats. 

This is the solution. Support!

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 45 user(s)