Photo

RSPS 2.0, Bringing a new experience to the RSPS, Integrating AI and natural language processing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:10 AM #1

ImSmexy
User

ImSmexy

• Time spent:
      2h 47m 34s
Hello, My name is Adam, Freshly graduated, and I work as a data scientist in a company right now.

I used to play rsps alot back when I had time .. and I still love to play it on free time.

I wanted to suggest a Big Suggestion that it will change the standards of RSPS.

My suggestion is to add a new helper bot, that will answer new player's questions automatically.

e.g:

Me : where can i find a pickaxe.

Helper : go to the general shop at home teleport.

Impact : People will get answer from their questions quickly even if there is no supports or helpful players online.

the helper will be trained from old conversations between players and supports on the Support channel .. the more we trained and feed data to it, the more it will be answering as a human.

the second suggestions is to apply sentiment analysis .. we can analyse all the conversations between players that are having an intent .. and we can see what our players are happy about and what not, then we can adjust the game based on these results .. its more like a part of a community manager that will be automatised .

Impact : the administration team will get closer to the players and try to serve the best experience to them without the need to ask for feedback or something

Another suggestion is to add a price checker bot, which analyse how often people sell an item X and give a range to new players with the value of an item .. it will be helpful to new ppl not getting ripped off

Impact : new players will never get ripped off by old ones when selling items or gambling or something like that.

I am open to a new suggestions that are releated to AI / Machine Learning or Data science in general.

I would like to see your opinions about my suggestion .. And I am ready to start a part time job with Alora To work on that project.

Thank you, and sorry for the bad english :3

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:19 AM #2

Champ
Veteran

Champ

• Time spent:
      526d 17h 16m 52s

•  Previous username:
    Iron Champie

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  7 bugs found

Although I like the idea of having a "bot" to automatically answer questions, I feel like there are more important things to focus on. Usually, there are always staff members online to answer any questions players might have. If no staff member is not available for whatever reason there are always kind people answering questions in the "Alora" clan chat. Regarding the analysis of chats etc, players usually come to us if there is something there not happy about, whether that is bugs, suggestions or whatever. 

No support from me, sorry.

champtransparent.gif
Signature made by the wonderful Sunnii

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:22 AM #3

ImSmexy
User

ImSmexy

• Time spent:
      2h 47m 34s

Although I like the idea of having a "bot" to automatically answer questions, I feel like there are more important things to focus on. Usually, there are always staff members online to answer any questions players might have. If no staff member is not available for whatever reason there are always kind people answering questions in the "Alora" clan chat. Regarding the analysis of chats etc, players usually come to us if there is something there not happy about, whether that is bugs, suggestions or whatever. 

No support from me, sorry.

Actually it is your job, doing a bot will make your job usless, I accpet your POV , waiting to hear from players :D 

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:24 AM #4

UIM Russian
Ultimate Ironman

UIM Russian

• Time spent:
      2d 14h 9m 54s

•  Total level:

•  2 bugs found

I agree with champie, and your response to him makes your desire to be a paid employee a yikes.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:28 AM #5

40a
Donator

40a
Clan: ICE / Ex-Staff /

• Time spent:
      74d 20h 44m 23s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found
We already have Slav...helperbots!

We call them server supports here on Alora! And each time zone is taken cared of.

No support.

OnPlUPY.png?1aZ0IAix.png?1

apSE9iG.png?1dQqXtgo.png?1

vDDHk5x.png

RAc5bnT.png?2    

Other accounts:

Eim 40a (I will primarily be on my elite iron-man account)

Softcore 40a

HC 40a

Go to class

Uim 40a

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:50 AM #6

Sassafras
Veteran

Sassafras
Clan: Frozen H2O

• Time spent:
      75d 4h 11m 8s

•  Previous username:
    UL Sassafras

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  4 bugs found
Alora is the best RSPS because of all the amazing, helpful players we have in our community, so I don't see why this automation is necessary at all. Not to mention I highly doubt it'd be as effective as you claim.

No support.

#1 Ultimate Ironman Tbow Dropper

Posted Image

sycamore | Sassafras | y | ultSASSAFRAS

Rejoined as Global Moderator on 12/1/19

UIM KOTS Winner | Maxed HCUIM

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:03 AM #7

saudade
Classic

saudade

• Time spent:
      7d 23h 48m 59s

•  Total level:

No support.

My suggestion is to add a new helper bot, that will answer new player's questions automatically

'Alora' clan chat is there for a reason. There will always be a staff or other players that can help you to get your answers.

Another suggestion is to add a price checker bot, which analyse how often people sell an item X and give a range to new players with the value of an item .. it will be helpful to new ppl not getting ripped off

You can always check the Trading Post for an item's current price. You can also ask an experienced player to price-check an item for you. It all depends on the market anyways.

Sorry, but there are other important stuff to focus on.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:33 AM #8

Shamrock
Veteran

Shamrock
Clan: #ICE

• Time spent:
      95d 18h 4m 17s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  2 bugs found

No support, Id much rather talk to a knowledgeable player over a bot.. Also what happens if your native language is not English misspellings ect? I can see this being more of a problem..

• 40a likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:58 AM #9

MT
Veteran

MT

• Time spent:
      120d 12h 9m 46s

•  Previous username:
    Moral Truth

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  9 bugs found
We have all the help we need from both staff and players in the ‘Alora’ clan chat, so an automated bot to answer questions is not necessary. As for price checks, check the trade post, ask other players, or check out Sheep’s Official Price Guide by clicking the link below.

https://www.alora.io...ra-price-guide/

No support.

KyqkXZi.png

Signature by Dr Dee Are E

Promoted to Server Support on November 7th, 2018.

Promoted to Server Moderator on January 1st, 2019.

Demoted from Server Moderator on May 10th, 2019.

Promoted to Server Support on June 2nd, 2019.

Resigned from Server Support on July 15th, 2020.

Official Alora Rules

Support Section | Appeal | Bug Report | Player Report

2FA Setup | Vote | Guides | Updates | Knowledge Base | Highscores

All Accounts

Spoiler

Community Awards

Spoiler

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:16 AM #10

Endeavor
Veteran

Endeavor

• Time spent:
      79d 10h 6m 45s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  7 bugs found
Hi, how may I help? No thanks. Yes a helperbot could be convenient but at that point we may as well implement Zendesk. I have never played Alora when there wasn't a single player not offering their help. What is boils down to is patience and server knowledge. Slow down, explore the game, explore the website. There are plenty of resources and players. As far as data analytics go, sure, I'd support it but I wouldn't call it 2.0 either. You'd be surprised how much behind-the-scenes shit there is to keep this community pumping. On top of this, staff positions are not paid positions. We volunteer for this. All of us. The players.

No support.

71sZDed.png

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:18 AM #11

GIM Y0m0pk
User

GIM Y0m0pk

• Time spent:
      2d 8h 36m 32s

•  Total level:

No support.

1. Adding a bot is a way to slowly ruin the community. With everyone 'new' talking to bots, they're less like to have player to player communication and in turn just slowly taking away the 'community' aspect from alora. Also, when I was new I met many people through asking questions about the server (Which I'm still friends with now). Asking questions allows for easy conversation and is one way to make some great friends on here.

2. It just really isn't needed. We have a huge amount of staff, I do not remember that last time I logged in and their wasn't at least two staff online. Maybe this is just my timezone? Either way their is about 3 active CC's (Help, Ice, Dynasty) which will happily answer new people's questions - All frequently advertised on yell for new players to see. 

3. It will take a huge amount of time dedicated to inputting every single answer/question. You have to remember, with 6 game modes each question can have up to 6 answers (Depending on the question) which adds even more time that would have to be spent on this update. Personally, I would rather see a lot more bugs/new updates that bring content than something people will rarely use.

4. sentiment analysis - Not really needed once again. Polls are created every so often which people can vote on what they want - Aka, what they like/do not like as they can vote against what is on the poll. Also, if people do not like something they have the option to write a suggestion (Like yourself) on the forums. HOWEVER, I do agree that a possible survey or something similar could be useful as this would not take as long to make.

For example; 1. What do you not like on alora          2. If you could change something on alora what would it be....

Could easily make a tally of similar points that come up.

5. Price checking bot - Something like this could be useful, just once again I think it would take up to much time. With the TP, you can simply check what the lowest price of an item is and ask in a CC if that is the price, many people reply to price checks. 

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:25 AM #12

User

• Time spent:
      247d 9h 20m 25s

•  Previous username:
    Kaamea 22

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  2 bugs found

No thanks. I don't think I need to elaborate my reasons as this whole suggestion is absurd.

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:27 PM #13

Noahtho
Donator

Noahtho
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      22d 20h 58m 24s

•  Total level:

While I can see how something like this would be beneficial to the server, I also think that the amount of coding involved would be far too strenuous when the current system already works.. If it isn't broken, why fix it? With the current source of help, the Alora clan chat, it provides a much more personal experience as you're speaking to actual people rather than a bot.. I'm going to go ahead and say no support, but I can see how something like this could be beneficial if the current system wasn't already working..

Promoted to Server Support on May 19, 2019

Demoted from Server Support on July 31, 2019

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:43 PM #14

Vape Tricks
Ex-Staff

Vape Tricks
Clan: Dynasty

• Time spent:
      43d 34m 30s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  5 bugs found

The idea is really there and this whole thing is awesome tbh. But as stated by everyone about, I cant support it. Not going to beat the dead horse anymore.

Posted Image

Promoted to Server Support on March 27th, 2019

Demoted from Sever Support on April 15th, 2019

Promoted to Server Support on May 19th, 2019

Promoted to Server Moderator on June 15th, 2019

Promoted to Forum Moderator on December 21st, 2019

Demoted to Server Moderator on March 8th, 2020

Vape Tricks - Maxed GIM

0ptimuscope - Maxed Normie

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guides

Horror from the Deep

Farming Guild Contracts

Farm Runs

Alll-in-One Ironman

Support Tools

Two-Factor Authentication

Client Issues

Staff List

Appeals

Rules

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:48 PM #15

Fear7heduck
Ex-Staff

Fear7heduck
Clan: none

• Time spent:
      76d 15h 30m 31s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  5 bugs found
No support from me as stated above we have many helpful and knowledgeable players in the “alora” cc to not even think of a bit to automatically answer questions and another reason i feel it would ruin the community’s rep if there was a bot helping instead of the community coming as one and helping eachother
Spoiler
Posted Image

Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:55 AM #16

My Fe Man
Group Ironman

My Fe Man

• Time spent:
      1d 15h 55m 52s

•  Total level:

This idea seems way too unrealistic for RSPS. There's no point to work so hard for something that most players don't have problem with. It would take alot of computing power(money) and time to train an AI to answer questions which isn't worth it. Also when it would be done then this bot would still be broken as f*** and most of the times it would give broken answers that aren't logical. 

No support.

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:09 AM #17

Sokaa
Super Donator

Sokaa

• Time spent:
      14d 20h 9m 23s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

Although your idea is amazing and might be helpful but i don't think Alora needs something like that, we have a lot of players helping in the alora cc chat and if no one there, there is always online staff that can help. No support.

sokaaa.png

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:51 PM #18

Not Hellish
Classic

Not Hellish

• Time spent:
      54d 11h 1m

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  2 bugs found

No support. The time & effort to go into this is completely unwarranted when there's so many existing avenues to help new players. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hellish - Comped Normie

Not Hellish - Maxed EIM

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:36 AM #19

Gp
Veteran

Gp
Clan: Callidus

• Time spent:
      56d 15h 10m 19s

•  Previous username:
    UIM Gp

•  Total level:
    Awards

1. "I am ready to start a part time job with Alora To work on that project." - That's is extremely gracious of you sir. Your humbleness shows no bounds.

2.  I would be interested to hear why you think theres is a gap in the system which your suggestion would fill. 

"Impact : People will get answer from their questions quickly even if there is no supports or helpful players online."

This has never been a huge problem as is. Furthermore the server support role acts as a great way to bring the staff and player-base together and an automated system would lose this connection.

"Impact : the administration team will get closer to the players and try to serve the best experience to them without the need to ask for feedback or something."

I'm unsure what you mean by this. The administration play the game and know players. However no matter how much time they spend playing the game, community feedback will always be essential to capturing the thoughts and opinions of the entire playerbase - not just the portion the team has the opportunity to interact with.

"Impact : new players will never get ripped off by old ones when selling items or gambling or something like that."

There are many ways to price check items - Check the tp, check the price guide, ask in alora cc, pm a server support. Although the price may not be 100% accurate it prevents people getting 'ripped off'. Unfortunately the players that do get ripped off are the ones who cba to go through these avenues so i doubt they would use your system as well.

Congratulations on graduating. No support.

(P.S. You mention you love playing but your acc is fresh. Perhaps suggesting this on an older account would make this post look more genuine :) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:59 PM #20

Trii
Elite Ironman

Trii

• Time spent:
      19d 9h 27m 43s

•  Total level:
    Awards

•  1 bugs found

No support, Would rather see an active community than a single player feeling game.

Black Golem is my favorite pet.

'Love the night & it's stars, The moon is my witness.'

Hardcore_ironman_chat_badge.png?a1753 Grd

Ultimate_ironman_chat_badge.png?5bb1bSnK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 13 user(s)